Converting your backyard to a recreational point has become a common trend nowadays. One of the best modifications you can include is an above ground pool. This equipment can serve not only your kids but adults as well. Thankfully, there are several models you can choose from depending on your needs.
If you are looking to purchase an above ground pool, Intex models should be your number one priority. The company has a rich history spanning over 50 years in the production of above ground pools. Their product’s quality, safety, and affordability are unrivaled. That’s why Intex above ground pools should your focus by all means. We’ve prepared a detailed purchase guide should you need help in deciding the best model for you.
In this article, we have scoured the internet on your behalf to bring you a list of the best Intex above ground pools. So, you no longer need to tarmac looking for your preferred choice. You can narrow down your search to the products on this page and you won’t regret your pick.
Top 7 Best Intex Above Ground Pools Reviews
1. Intex – 24 Foot Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set
Enjoy a hustle-free pool set up with this Intex pool that does not require any expertise or tools to assemble. Maintaining the pool is also quite simple and cheap. Besides that, it comes with a removable durable ladder with high impact slip-resistant steps. Hence, it ensures that you don’t slip even if your feet are wet. Also, its frame is evenly coated to resist corroding as well as rusting. Upon buying this pool, you get a Krystal clear 110-120V sand filter pump. This highly advanced pump exhibits hydro aeration technology. Thus, it improves both circulation and water filtration within the pool.
In addition, you get a durable debris cover for your pool to prevent dust and particles from getting in.
It also has a galvanized steel locking system which keeps it intact even when full of people inside. In fact, the frame has T-joint connectors that completely lock together.
There is a ground cloth at the bottom of the pool to render the pool added protection. Its large size allows it to hold more than six adults at once.
- Comes with a very reliable removable ladder.
- It is very easy to maintain.
- Has rust and corrosion-resistant frame.
- It comes with both a debris cover and a ground cover for added protection.
- Has a pretty alluring exterior design.
- Its design and size does not fit into small backyard
- Expensive to acquire.
2. Intex 18ft × 9ft × 52in Ultra XTR Rectangular Pool Set
Facts have it that most people prefer rectangular shaped pools compared to circular pools. So, if you love rectangular pools, the latter will definitely intrigue you. First off, this pool comes with a very amiable design that makes it quite easy to set up. In fact, you don’t need any prowess or tools to set up this pool.
Moreover, the pool’s design gives it maximum strength thanks to its very convenient locking system. It has a high-quality galvanized steel frame that plays a very key role in boosting its strength. Also, the coating on the frame ensures that it’s resistant to both rust and corrosion.
Besides, it has two suction outlets on its sidewalls. This functions to give it excellent water circulation. In addition to that, it incorporates hydro aeration technology. This improves circulation, filtration, and water clarity inside the pool.
A removable ladder is also inclusive to ensure that users can get in and out of the pool easily. Plus, this ladder has high-impact slip-resistant steps which ensure you can’t slide even if you are wet. Once you buy this pool, you get additional equipment. This includes a ground cloth, a pool cover as well as a sand filter pump.
- Exhibits dual suction outlets for better water circulation.
- Has a very reliable locking system.
- It is very easy to Equipped with Hydro aeration technology
- Has a very pretty exterior design.
- Comes with a two-year warranty.
- Not convenient for small back yard spaces
3. Intex 28241EH 15ft × 48in Metal Frame Outdoor Above The Ground Swimming Pool Set
In case you want to swim in style, then you are definitely in the right place. This pool comes with one of the most alluring exterior designs. It has beautiful sidewalls that are super tough and laminated. In fact, these sidewalls exhibit triple strength. They have an all-around band that keeps the frame legs in place.
Both setting up and disassembling the pool is also very simple. All you need to do is to follow the instructional DVD. In fact, if you follow the instructions keenly, the pool will be ready in less than 45 minutes. This process requires three steps only. These are: spreading, assembling, and lastly filling.
Despite being easy to set up, it also comes with dual suction outlets. These outlets ensure easier circulation of water within the pool.
Further, it has a large enough drain plug that connects to a hose pipe for easier draining of the pool. It also comes with a Krystal clear cartridge filter pump.
The manufacturer advises users not to set up this pool on sand, mud, or on loose soil conditions. Last but not least, it can hold up to 440 gallons of water. This water capacity occupies up to 90% of its internal space. It comes with other additional features such as a ladder, a pool cover, and a ground cloth.
- Has a very stylish exterior design.
- Exhibits two suction outlets that fit better water circulation as well as clarity.
- Has triple-reinforced sidewall for maximum strength.
- Not convenient for small back yard spaces.
4. Intex 26167EH Easy Pool Set
The latter is for shoppers that are seeking large-sized pools for multiple users. To be more specific, the pool can hold up to 8 people simultaneously. Capacity-wise, it can hold up to 3736 gallons of water.
The latter comes with an Intex 1000 GPH filter pump and type A or C Krystal clear Cartridge filter. In fact, this filter is 100-120V thus keeping the water clean always.
It also boasts of a ground fault circuit interrupter. Its function is to shut off the pump whenever the current comes into contact with water. When it comes to setting up and disassembling the pool, it takes less time. In fact, it does not require any tools to set up. It is very strong and does not tear easily thanks to its puncture-resistant 3-ply material.
Draining off the water from the pool is also quite easy as it comes with a drain plug that connects to a hose pipe. Hence, it allows users to drain off the pool water away from the garden. A pool cover is also included to protect the pool from the entry of debris. The pool also comes with additional things such as a ladder and a ground clot
- Made from a long lasting puncture resistant material.
- Has a very large capacity, thus being very suitable for multiple users.
- It is very easy to set up.
- It is very easy to maintain.
- Comes with a drain plug for easy water drainage off the pool.
- Lacks dual suction outlets for better water circulation.
5. Intex 28131EH 12ft × 30in Easy Pool Set
Built to support up to 1485 gallons of water, this pool is convenient for few users and fits well in small spaces. To be more precise, its size is convenient to support a maximum of up to five users. Despite that, the setting up of this pool is also very cinch. All you need to do is just spread and inflate it. Hydro aeration technology is also available. This improves filtration and water clarity. It comes with dual suction outlets which improve the water circulation inside the pool.
- Easy to maintain
- Exhibits hydro aeration technology.
- Comes with two dual suction outlets that ameliorate the water circulation.
- It is not convenient for large group of people.
- It is expensive to acquire.
6. Intex Easy Set Up 10 Foot × 30 Inch Pool
Here is yet another pool that is very convenient intex type pool. This pool weighs precisely 17.71 pounds and can support up to 1,018 gallons of water when fully inflated. Its diameter measures exactly 10ft, while its height is exactly 2.5 ft. Hence, it gives users plenty of room to swim.
Unlike other larger pools, this pool holds water at 80% when full. The pool setup is very easy and does not take more than 15 minutes. As a matter of fact, it comes with a setup and maintenance DVD that abets users to assemble it. Hence, you won’t need any tools or skills to set up your pool. It also comes with other additional equipment such as a pool cover and a ground cloth. On the downside, it does not come with a filter pump. Therefore, in case you want a filter pump for it, you have to purchase it separately. The tough exterior material is very durable and puncture-resistant. Lastly, you need up to 140$ to buy one of these pools.
- It is a very easy pool to set up.
- Has a very reliable exterior material.
- It does not come with a filter pump.
7. Intex 10 Feet × 30 Inches Prism Frame Above-ground Swimming Pool
Built with a very compact design, the latter fits very well in most backyard spaces. On top of that, it boasts t-joint connectors which makes it exemplary strong and sturdy. Moreover, it comes with UV-stabilized polymer materials that boost its durability. Its frame has powder-coated steel on the inside for better stability and durability.
It measures exactly 24 inches in depth and 40.8 pounds in weight. Plus, it can hold up to 4485 liters of water. Thus, the latter can make a very convenient pool for family use. Also, its convenient depth ensures that all users have plenty of room to swim.
In addition, it has dual suction outlets which improve the water circulation and clarity. These two outlets are on the sidewalls of the pool. The sidewalls are tear-resistant and also stand stable during heavy use.
Once you buy this pool, expect to see better water circulation and good filtration. This is thanks to its hydro aeration technology. Buying this pool will cost you between 290$-300$. Finally, this pool boasts of a very innovative and stylishly exterior design.
- Made from long-lasting materials.
- Very convenient for family use.
- Has a compact design thus fitting in most backyard spaces.
- Comes with dual suction outlets for better water circulation and clarity.
- Has an attractive exterior outlook.
- Comes with Hydro aeration technology.
- It is very expensive to acquire.
Key Features To Look At Before Buying Intex Above Ground Pools
There are various types of Intex above ground pools you can choose from. The common ones include inflatable and steel-framed pools. With the inflatable, you pump in the air whenever you want to use them then connect to the source of water. After use, you can fold and store them as you wish or leave them to spread in the open. In short, they are more portable compared to the latter. The steel-framed above ground pool is more permanent. Even though they may cost you more, they are worth every penny you pay.
To pick your favorite Intex above ground pool requires due diligence. You need to know exactly what you need for your pool. Otherwise, you may end up with none satisfactory model. To help you pick your most suitable pool, we’ve curated a list of features you need to look out for. These include;
Size is an important consideration when buying an above ground pool. The size of your pool should be relative to the size of the yard where you want to install it. It shouldn’t be too small to inconvenience the target users nor too big. After installation, an above ground pool should leave free space on all sides.
To ensure you get the perfect sizing, it’s advisable to measure the ground where you want the pool to be. Based on the measurements, you can choose a rectangular, oval or square pool. So, the size of your pool will depend on the size of your installation ground. The rectangular and oval above ground pools are the largest with capacities of up to 20,000. If your yard can’t fit a square or rectangular pool, consider getting a rounded one.
As mentioned earlier, there are different types of Intex above ground pools. These include;
- Standard pools: These are one of the commonest Intex pools in the market due to their durability. Their frames are made of steel or tear-resistant PVC. If you want a long-lasting above ground pool, consider these ones. However, they are expensive. That goes without saying.
- Inflatable above ground pools: Inflatable pools are the cheapest and most portable above ground pools. They consist of PVC materials but have no steel support anywhere. You must inflate them every time you want to use them. They feature different inflating mechanisms like pumps or natural method. Once you’re done using them, you just need to fold and store them.
- Saltwater ready pools: Salt pools constitute a ready saltwater system. The chlorinator system helps to attain the desirable pool water salinity. Although, sometimes, you may have to add your own salt depending on your preference.
Pool Extra Features
Most Intex above ground pools come with all components required to set up, use and maintain. Others include extra components which are not available in all models. Therefore, you need to check a pool that has all the necessary and additional accessories. You don’t have to spend extra dollars to buy components that you can get for free.
Some of these additional components include the liners, filter pumps, debris cover and ground clothes. Some big pools will also include a slip-resistant ladder to help people access the pool.
Instead of going for a pool with one suction outlet, two are preferable. They make it easier to clean or drain the pools. Additionally, if you have a chance of getting a pool with a built-in chemical dispenser, don’t pass it. With this, you won’t need free-floating cleaners in your pool.
Pool Quality of Materials
The quality of materials used on the pool you choose determines its durability. Intex above ground pools uses resin, aluminum, steel and canvas for inflatable models. The pools with metallic frames are always the strongest and durable.
However, the choice of the material for your pool depends on your budget. Even though the steel-framed pools are the most durable, you may have to settle for lesser if you can’t afford them.
FAQs – Frequently Ask Questions
How long do Intex above ground pools last?
An Intex’s above ground pool life span depends on a number of factors. First of all, the materials used play a key role in this. In the case of inflatable pools, they last anywhere between 2 to 4 years.
Above ground pools with steel and aluminum frames last anywhere between 4 to 8 years. This depends on other factors such as the installation and their standing ground. How you maintain your pool also determines how long it will last.
Why are Intex above ground pools so expensive now?
It is summer. And normally, during such a time, everyone wants to cool off in pools. Instead of visiting the regular pools, most people are settling on personal above ground pools. Besides, with the ravaging pandemic, congested areas aren’t safe anymore. Therefore, this has led to higher demand for above ground pools.
How do you winterize an Intex above-ground pool?
Winterizing means preparing your pool for winter. Even though most people prefer leaving their above ground pools outside all year round, it’s not recommended. That can damage it. Every time temperatures drop below 32degrees Fahrenheit, you should winterize your pool.
Below are some of the best ways you can winterize your Intex above ground pools;
- Thoroughly clean the water in the pool. If you’re not going to empty the pool, you better keep it clean. This way, it will be able to wait without smelling until the winter is over and you can start using it again.
- Disconnect all accessories such as skimmers and strainer connectors. Then, clean and dry all the accessories before storing them.
- If the pool has a ladder, remove it and dry before storing it.
- Disconnect any hoses connecting the pump and filters to the pool. This is necessary because you no longer need any more water in the pool.
- Depending on your region, add the necessary winter chemical. If you are not sure, you can consult a local pool expert.
- Use the Intex pool cover to cover your pool. However, you should know that a pool cover is not a safety cover.
- Disassemble, clean and drain the pump with all its parts such as hoses and filters. You should also remember to keep an extra cartridge for the next season. Ensure you keep your pump in a dry or even heated place.
For proper storage of your pool, follow the instructions below;
With the pool completely dry, sprinkle talcum powder on the liner. It helps to prevent vinyl from sticking and absorbing any remaining moisture. To further protect the liner, fold it and place it in its original carton. That means you should remember to save your liner carton during installation.
To ensure that the small parts won’t spoil during storage, place them in a cool and dry place. If possible keep them in a heated room.
Can I put an above-ground pool in my backyard?
Anyone can install an above ground pool in their backyard as long as it is spacious enough and they can afford it. To know whether you can put up a pool in your backyard, you can measure it to know whether it has a space for a pool. And after installation, you should ensure there will be enough free space around the pool.
Intex – 24 Foot Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set is our choice for the best Intex above ground pool. This pool has all the features anyone wants for a premium above ground pool. First of all, it features a High quality galvanized steel with incredible precision. You’ll also love the pool’s hydro Aeration technology embedded in its filter pump. It boosts the efficient circulation and filtration in the pool.
Made of galvanized steel, the pool quality is out of the question. It can last for more than 10 years as long as you conduct periodic maintenance. So, if you are looking for a great Intex above ground pool, why not check this one.