Having a pool at your home is fun. Generally, pools come in different shapes. Before buying a pool you should have your preferred design. Sometimes choosing your pool’s shape depends on your preference and creativity. Rectangle shape are one of the common above ground pool. This is mostly because of its huge water volume capability. Other people also prefer the rectangular demarcations of the pools.
Getting an above-ground pool is cheaper compared to constructing inner-ground pools. In this article, we bring you everything about rectangle above-ground pool. We’ll tell what to look for before buying the pool. We’ll also highlight the considerations to pick your best shape for an Above Ground Pool.
Rounded vs. Rectangular : Things To Consider When Deciding Pool Shape
There are several pool builders that you can work with to customize your pool. The advantage of these pools is that you can redesign them as per your wish. The shape is one of the crucial aspects that you should look at when choosing a pool.
Below are the factors you need to consider when choosing between rounded and rectangular shaped pools.
How big do you want your pool to be?
The two shapes occupy different spaces. A rounded swimming pool takes less space. The only challenge with these pools is that they have small space inside. If you are looking for a pool to accommodate many people, avoid rounded pools. Also, if you have limited space in your yard, rounded pool is the best bet.
Contrary, rectangular shaped pools occupy more space. But, they give you more room from the inside that you can use for exercises. This type is ideal for use with big groups. The installation is simple and you can modify it to the shape of your choice.
The nature of the existing landscape
Sometimes you may have a yard that you do not want to use or destroy. For example, in some homes, people have beautiful scenes that they do not want to relocate. So in this scenario, a rectangular shape may not be suitable because they occupy more space.
If you have an open courtyard without a landscape, you can get a rectangular pool. Even in scenarios when you do not have the landscape, you can design. Get a design that will match the beautification of the pool.
The purpose of the pool
Some individuals want a lounge pool and fun swimming during hot days. Others want a pool for exercises. A rectangular pool is good for laps because it allows you to swim in straight laps. In case you want the pool for lounging, a rounded pool is a good fit. So, how you want to use your pool will play a critical role in helping you determine the shape of your pool.
Extra features you want to add in the pool
You start with a basic personalized pool that you would wish to advance in the future. This may mean adding more features such as tanning bodies, fireplaces, and waterfalls. If you have a custom pool builder, explore the additional features that you can add to your design. For example, adding a waterfall to a rectangular pool may not be successful. In that case, you’ll need a rounded one.
Your preferred shape takes the lead. Different people have different tastes in how they view things. So, you may like a rounded or rectangular-shaped pool. Make sure you get a pool that you know you’ll be happy to use.
As you do this, consider the landscape of your home as well. Try as much as possible to match the shape and your home landscape.
Different shapes of pools have different complexity in terms of building and installation. Neither round nor rectangular pools are expensive than the other. What make the pool expensive is their size and the features included. So, if you want to get a good pool with advanced features, you can negotiate with the builder to reduce the budget.
Pool covers help in maintaining the cleanliness of the water. This makes cleaning the pool easier. You can get covers for any shape of the pool. What brings the difference is the ease of handling the covers. It is easy to have automatic covers for rectangular pools than rounded pools. In case you already have a pool cover, you have to buy a corresponding shape for the pool.
6 Best Rectangle Above Ground Pool Reviews
1. Intex 18ft X 9ft X 52in Ultra XTR Rectangular Pool
- This rectangular pool comes with a very innovative locking system. In fact, it boasts of durable frames that are steel coated. Its exterior outlook exhibits a grey outer liner that is very attractive. An additional tile print liner is on the inside. This makes it resemble an actual swimming pool. Besides that, it comes with a removable ladder, a pool cover and a ground cloth. This ladder has advanced non slip steps that ensures users do not slide easily even when wet.
- When it comes to setting up, this pool allows you to have a hustle free experience. You also get a 110 120 Voltage pumps once you buy the pool. On top of that, the manufacturer gives a whole two year warranty. Also, its water circulation and filtration is quite exquisite. This is due to its hydro aeration technology.
- The dual suction outlets on the sides give it better clarity and excellent circulation of water. When full, this pool holds exactly 4545 gallons of water. Therefore, due to its large water capacity, the pool is very suitable for multiple users.
- It’s a super convenient pool for many users
- It comes with a two year warranty.
- It’s very easy to set up.
- Has an alluring exterior outlook.
- Comes with dual suction outlets for better water circulation and clarity.
- Due to its large size, it may not fit into small backyard spaces.
2. Hesung 118″ X 69″ X 21″ Full-sized Family Kiddie Blow Up Pools For Kids
- High price is one of the biggest deterrents to people from buying inflatable pools. On the contrary, this above pool retails at a very affordable price. As a matter of fact, some retailers sell it for as low as 63$. Therefore, it allows you to give your kids the fun they yearn without worrying about extra cost.
- Although it’s “a kid’s pool”, it can hold two adults and up to four kids at a go. In addition, it’s built with durable Anti-UV material to protect the kids from harmful sun rays. This material is lead free and meets the international standards of children toys.
- Also, this pool is very stable thanks to its 3 individual air chambers. These chambers withstand heavy Weight and also prevent air leakage. The pool can hold up to 150 kg when fully blown, easy and simple to set up. If you use an electric pump, the latter fills in less than 5 minutes. Lastly, it has built-in efficient valves that simplify the set up and deflation process.
- Made of anti-UV materials to protect users from deadly sun rays.
- Super easy to set up especially if you use a pump
- It’s a very durable pool.
- It’s quite affordable to acquire.
- It fits into most backyards spaces.
- It does come with a pump
- Built for kids
3. Intex 8.5″ × 5.3 × 2.14″ Rectangle Frame Above Ground Backyard Swimming Pool
- This is another effective rectangular pool to consider. Equipped with a drain pipe that connects to a Hose pipe, this pool allows users to drain it away from the house area. On top of that, this boasts of a very easy set up process. It allows users to set it up and hit the water in less than 30 minutes. All you need to do is to spread it on the ground, assemble the frame and then fill the pool with water.
- On the side, it has very robust steel frames that give it stable support. These frames are powder-coated for rust and corrosion resistance. They also bring in a sense of beauty and style to the pool. The side walls are also made of heavy duty PVC materials to boost durability.
- The pool measures 22 inches in depth, hence giving users plenty of room to swim in. Besides that, it Measures exactly 603 gallons of water when full of water.
- Exhibits a very convenient drainage system.
- It is compact in nature thus fitting into most compact spaces.
- It’s very easy to set up.
- Does not come with a pump, ladder, a cover and a filter.
- It’s very expensive to acquire.
- Its small size makes it less convenient for multiple users.
4. Raoccupy Above The Ground Inflatable Pool For Kids
- Enjoy the weekends with your kids in this durable inflatable pool with large size enough to hold the entire family. First off, it measures precisely 141.7″ × 78.7″ × 23.6″. Hence it gives users plenty of room to swim. Despite being large, this pool is very easy to set up. In fact it will take you less than ten minutes to get it ready. All you need is an electric pump to inflate it (there is a pump in the package).
- Its exterior material exhibits a PVC nature thus being very strong and durable. In fact, the exterior material boosts of three layers. This in-turn makes it very stable and puncture resistant even when full of people. The subtle multiple layer design also makes it very comfortable to jump and recline on.
- Despite that, the exterior material is also very reliable. This material doesn’t fade even when exposed to the sun for long periods of time. When not in use, it folds down well for easier storage.
- Has a very smooth interior.
- Made with durable materials.
- It is very easy to set up.
- Its package comes with an electric pump for easier set up.
- It fits into most compact backyards.
- Exterior material protect users from ultra violet rays
- Only suitable for kids.
- Not suitable for multiple users.
5. Bestway 56631E Power Steel Above Ground Swimming Pool
- Are you looking for a compact rectangular swimming pool that you can place on your small backyard? This latter will suit your right. To begin with, the pools compact design makes it very suitable for kids. However, it’s also convenient for adults.
- Durability is also highly addressed in this pool. First off, it features a reliable seal and lock system that locks completely at each joint. These joints are very firm and don’t break easily. In fact, it boasts of a pin clip design for complete joint stability. Also, it does not leak even when full of water. The frames are very durable thanks to their rust and corrosion resistant nature. It boasts of a 3-ply PVC support band to give it additional stability.
- This pool is quite affordable compared to steel walled swimming pool. Its assembling process is also quite simple. Actually, you don’t need any precise prowess or tools to set up this pool. It also features drain valves on the inside to ease water draining off process. The package comes with a pump as well as a filter cartridge. For the ladder and the pool cover, you have to buy them separately.
- Easy to acquire.
- Has a very reliable and stable locking system.
- Fits into most compact backyard spaces.
- It comes with a pump and a filter cartridge.
- Does not come with a ladder and a pool cover.
- Expensive to acquire.
6. Hyvigor Family Inflatable Swimming Pool
- Here is another affordable and reliable rectangular family pool. It is large enough to hold two adults and five kids all at once. This makes it ideal for large family use.
- It also boasts of a tough exterior material that is puncture resistant and doesn’t leak. Moreover, its inflatable design makes it very versatile and can stand in for other functions like; sand pit, ball pit, a toy pool and a fishing pond.
- Unlike most inflatable pools, this one boasts of three-story space design, hence it has a lot of room. All you need is to set up to an electric pump for a faster fill up. This will only take you 5 or so minutes.
- Lastly, It has three individual air chambers hence can hold a lot of weight without any leakages and three double valves that help to prevent both water and air leakages.
- Has a very tough exterior material hence lasting longer
- Exhibits an innovative exterior outlook.
- It’s a very versatile pool that performs different roles.
- Its quite affordable to acquire
- It’s very easy to set up.
- It does not come with a pump.
Features To Look At Before Buying Rectangle Above Ground Pool
Are you looking forward to surprising your family with a new way to play this summer? Getting them a rectangle above ground swimming pool is perfect. But you should not go and buy the one you want.
You must consider several factors before picking one. This will help you in getting the best pool for your family. To help you make the best choice, here are the top factors that should guide your decision.
- Size: Generally, pools take a lot of space with or without a deck. You need to look at the space where you intend to install your pool. If your area is small, you may have to weigh how to make the size fit the area. Again, your pool shouldn’t occupy all the available space. You will need extra space around the pool. So, make sure that your pool is smaller than the available space.
- The installation ground: The level of the ground where you want to install should be flat. This is because pools use a lot of water and you need to minimize all risks. If you wish to use different ground levels, you may decide to use a support stick in the area that has a lot of water. This is the area with more pressure. Many would wish to have deep ends and shallow ends in their pools. Otherwise with a flat ground, the pool exerts equal and uniform pressure.
- Cost: Cost depends on the type of pool you choose. You may decide to settle on a permanent pool or a simple temporary model. Getting a permanent setup is generally expensive compared to a temporary one. Getting a permanent pool means you will have a pool that has several features. For example, you may have chemical components installed to help you keep the water for long and clean. It is very important to keep your budget in mind before buying a certain pool.
- Warranty: One of the most important aspects when buying a pool is warranty. This is even more important if you are buying an expensive pool. As seen above, permanent pools are expensive. You need to confirm the warranty before buying it. In case something happens contrary to your expectation; you will be safe. The company will compensate or give you another pool. So, look for websites that have warrants on their products before you buy. Look not just a warranty; inspect the warrant’s terms and conditions. If you don’t understand some policies, ask. By all means, make sure that the warranty is viable and can salvage your invested money.
FAQs – Frequently Ask Questions
What size do rectangle above-ground pool come in?
The rectangular above-ground pools typically come inthe following sizes; 12’, 15’, 18’, 21’, 24’, 27’. 30’, and 33’. Your choice depends on your budget and preference. Also, you can get customized pools with your own measurements.
How much is an above-ground rectangle pool?
Several factors determine the price of an above ground rectangular pool. One of them is size. The bigger your pool is, the more expensive it is. But, the cost of a rectangular pool ranges from $1,000 to $4,000 in most shops.
How much does it cost to install an above-ground pool?
At the lower range, you can spend $1,500 depending on the type or size of the pool. The maximum cost of installing an above ground pool is $10,000. However, the national average installation cost is $5,000 per pool. In most cases, people use an average range of $3,000 to $7,500.
Regardless of the shape of your pool, above ground pools are one of the best pools you can have. You have the freedom to modify and customize them to suit your desire. You can also use a builder to help you come up with a custom pool that doesn’t exist.
Get a rectangle above-ground pool and enjoy sporting activities at your home. This is a good solution in case you no longer want to use public pools. These products have become the trend in most homes currently. And perhaps, they will rein the market in the near future.